This is a recipe from the P90X2 nutrition guide. It’s turned out to be one of my personal favorites. Very yummy and very simple to make = dinnertime score! Even finicky Stella loved it. Pair it up with a nice salad.
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp ketchup
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 lb ground lean chicken or turkey
3 tbsp minced onion
1 small can tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites well with a whisk.
3. Stir in oats, Worcestershire, garlic powder, ketchup, salt and pepper.
4. Add ground meat and onion; mix well.
5. Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into an oval-shaped loaf.
6. Lightly spray a foil-lined, rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. Place loaves on a prepared pan and cover each loaf with tomato sauce.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Fat: 2 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 gram
Carbohydrate: 16 grams
Protein: 30 grams
Fiber: 2.5 gram
Sodium: 352 mg
Cholesterol: 70 mg