It’s been awhile since I’ve ditched my gym membership in favor of exclusively working out at home. Although I miss the hot yoga class offered at my gym, working out at home has turned out to be an all-around wonderful thing. And I am thoroughly loving my results as I am now in the final phase of the Les Mills PUMP program. Nearly each day, my husband and I set aside the coffee table, set up our equipment and get our sweat on together. Our kids have joined in and will do TurboFire or Insanity workouts regularly. We have transformed our living room into our own personal family gym.
Working out at home with Beachbody programs ROCKS. Here’s why:
10. The Savings. We save time and money- no longer do we have to drive 15-20 minutes each way to get a good workout. And we don’t have to spend any money on an expensive gym membership each month! Sweet!
9. The Comfort. No, it’s not comfortable to grinding your way through an exceptionally tough workout. But it is nice to be doing a workout in the comfort of your own home- without having to worry about what anyone thinks of your dingiest sweatpants. Bonus too that you don’t have to deal with any offensive smells or sounds of others- well, unless your little one is still in diapers.
8. The Best Spot in Class Belongs to You! You don’t have to rush out the door to get to your gym in time to land a spot in a popular class, nor do you have to fret about being way in the back and unable to see the instructor or fighting for space to move after the class starts.
7. The Flexibility. You are the master of your workout schedule. You can fit your workout in the time that best works for you! And if the flow of your day changes, you can adapt and re-schedule for later in the day. You can’t say the same for your favorite gym group class.
6. The Trainers. You get a workout alongside some of the best trainers in the industry- Tony Horton, Debbie Siebers, Shaun T, Chalene Johnson and the most amazing group of certified Les Mills trainers for the PUMP program- just to name a few! These people will inspire and motivate you through a great workout. Have I mentioned that I’ve actually gotten to chat with some of these folks thanks to Beachbody message boards and Facebook groups? How cool is that?
5. The Nutrition Plans. Not only do you get a set of workout DVDs when you purchase a Beachbody program, you also get a sound nutritional plan. Whether your goal is weight loss, maintenance or building muscle, you’ll get a nutrition plan that will help you achieve your goals safely and sensibly. You don’t get that with a typical gym membership.
4. The Prizes. By entering your workout in the Supergym, you’re entered to win a daily prize of $500. And you don’t even have to enter a Beachbody workout to do so! All you have to do is sign up for a free Team Beachbody membership. Not a member? Click here to sign up.
3. The Pause Button. In the event nature calls during your workout, you can hit pause and resume where you left off. In my case, I often have to use it to give Stella a hug or my husband a kiss while we’re changing out weights on our barbells (talk about a great energy boost!).
2. The Hybrids! So I’ve already completed P90X, TurboFire and Insanity (all Beachbody programs). Have I given them away or tried to sell them? Heck no. I keep them on hand to use for hybrid programs to stave off workout boredom. You can get a lot of bang for your buck when you have 2 or more Beachbody programs by crafting a hybrid program involving workouts from each. A quick google search of the programs you have, along with the word “hybrid” should find you a new schedule to work from and keep those workout doldrums at bay.
1. The Sheer Simplicity. All we have to do is cue up the DVD, hit play and we’re off to a great workout. When we had our gym membership, we had to get all the kids ready, change our clothes, pack a bag so we could shower and change after our workout, pack everything and everyone in the car, drive 20 minutes (more depending on traffic and stoplights), stop for gas if needed, check the kids into the gym childcare and hope we got there in time to find a spot in a group class or worry over whether the equipment we wanted was free to use. What a production number! Now, it’s just a matter of changing, setting stuff up and pressing play.
As you can tell, I am crazy in love with my Beachbody workouts. Another big advantage to working out at home: our kids get to see us in action. It feels great to know we are providing a positive example to our children when it comes to health and fitness. So much so that they often want to jump in and workout with us or they borrow one of our workouts and do it on their own. I love that we get to share these workouts with our kids!
If you’re getting tired of the production of getting to your gym or would like to start experiencing the joys of working out at home, contact me. I’d love to help you find your soulmate at-home workout!